Welcome to Mandy Welcome to Mandy

Dominion Theatre

  • About
    The building was originally constructed in 1928 and converted to cinema use in 1930.

    In addition to the main theatre building, there is a large administrative / dressing room block on the right hand side and a terrace of shops, offices and residential buildings on the left overlooking Great Russell Street.

    Internally, in addition to the Bainbridge Street block and main auditorium, public areas and ancillary accommodation used for theatre activities are also fairly extensive and are complex from the point of view of layout.

    It was designed by the architects William & T. R. Milburn and the building cost £459,727.

    The Dominion opened on 3rd October 1929 with an American musical comedy on golf by De Sylvia Brown and Henderson called Follow Through (Follow Thru on Broadway).

    Universal hired The Dominion for its movie Phantom of the Opera with 35% dialogue and some new footage added to the 1925 silent movie.

    The nearest underground station is
    Tottenham Court Road station, on the Charing Cross line.
  • Built in
    1929
  • Capacity
    2007
  • Address
    268-269 Tottenham Court Road
    Tottenham Court Road
    London
    W1P 0AG
  • Booking Contact
    0870 607 7400
  • Website

Members of Mandy Actors who have worked for Dominion Theatre